Pinkfresh Studio Blog Hop | Escape the Ordinary Collection

I'm so excited to say that I'm now on the Pinkfresh Studio Scrapbook Design Team! I love Pinkfresh products (I even loved one of their papers so much that I put it in a frame!), so I'm honoured to be part of the DT alongside some crazy talented women. I hope you will all enjoy what I create each month with their products!

Today's project was made as part of a good old blog hop! If you hop along to each DT member (all linked below) and comment on everyone's post you could be in a chance to win the Escape the Ordinary collection or the new stamp/die releases, so it's worth a shot eh!?


I created this 12x12 layout using the Escape the Ordinary collection:


I love a good stamp set, and the co-ordinating set from this collection is epic. It has loads of stars and clouds in all shapes and sizes and I used that as my jumping off point.

I felt like playing with my watercolours and so I decided to create a starry night scene. I painted lots of blues, blacks and turquoise layers of colour onto some watercolour paper, in any which way. I think it's sometimes fun to just slap a load of colour onto some paper without much thought, there's something therapeutic about that isn't there?


Once the watercolours were dry, I heat embossed white stars using a variety of the different stars from the set. As soon as I put the stars over that painted mess it immediately looks like a night sky. I loved the way it all turned out.

And whilst I had the embossing powder and heat gun out, I used the cloud stamps in the set and embossed them with some gold embossing powder to match the gold foiling in the collection.


I wasn't brave enough to use a full 12x12 piece of the painted paper as my background, so I cut a circular window in the middle of my page to frame the piece.

I created a cut file by welding two designs together (girl & tree). I cut it out on some black cardstock from my stash as I wanted to give the illusion of nighttime as I imagined the girl and tree silhouetted because of the darkness. This also made sure that whatever embellishments and photo I used would really 'pop' off the page.

These floral die-cut pieces were perfect to add around the cut file for extra pops of colour and whimsy!


The collection has two sets of alphas in it. One of them is this small, but mighty, wooden alphabet dipped in gold foil. So beautiful, right?

I placed them wonkily on the page to make it look like they were hanging from the tree, and I used a white gel pen to draw the string connecting them to the tree branches.


My favourite part of the layout is the butterflies. I adore the butterfly die-cuts in the collection, because their wings are dipped in solid black with a gold foil constellation pattern, they're so beautiful and unique.

I placed them on the edge of the circle frame, making sure the constellation part of their wings was placed over the painted sky, and the white part was over on the white background, making it look like the butterflies were blending into both backgrounds.


Make sure you check out all of the other ladies' creations and comment for your chance to win!

- Elsie x

18. Elsie Robinson YOU ARE HERE!

66 comments

  1. Love it ! Thanks for a chance to win !
    ~Nicole Ligaard Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow doesn't even begin to describe how impressive this is Elsie!!! I'm in total awe! Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much inspiration in one layout! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elsie, your creativity is beyond words. I love watching your videos, you are truly an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout with such creativity! Lots of great techniques, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! That's the first thought that popped into my mind! This. Is. Extraordinary! Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly! I just cant! This is so beautiful! I don't know how you come up with some I your layouts but wow!! Love it!!❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know you knocked it out of the park with this one, Elsie?? Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Ohh Wow" (I literally said that out loud when I saw this) Amazing, dazzling, tremendously creative, I just love this. Absolutely beautiful and so whimsical. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the silhouette of the young girl and the dreamer in the trees! So pretty!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such an awesome unique style, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--what a unique layout with many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layouts are so amazing and inspiring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elsie - this layout is beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your whimsical projects are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was wondering where the girl came from as she was the first girl I saw in the blog hop. I really wnjoyed that the majority of the colors was within the circle. It gave it a night vs day kind of feel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Lovely night sky scene!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! Your page is so breathtaking!! You did a wonderful job here, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning and gorgeous and artistic layout. You are truly an artist. I can see why you are on the DT. Thanks for sharing this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the dreamy, starry scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that is awesome! Great ideas and use of the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Elsie, you are tremendously creative. An awesome layout my dear, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you hung your title. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this collection. Thanks for the chance to enter ❤

    ReplyDelete
  27. Elsie, so totally different to all others. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jaw dropping layout. Dreamy and enchanting. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love a good cosmos! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful!! I love this collection. Can't wait to work with it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic.
    Love silhouettes and you did
    a wonderful job with them.
    thanks aor sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't which detail I love most! That background, the way the butterflies change color inside and outside the cutout and the detail using your gel pen with the letters. All wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this! The night sky with the layer of white and clouds and the black branches really make it pop. Thanks for sharing. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous layout! Your night sky looks amazing, and I love all of the embossed elements you created!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning page! Love the contrast and colors! Beautiful details! Exciting news about the new DT... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm all 😍😍😍 over that starry background

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this idea of contrast! the starry sky is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning layout. The water color starry night is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on joining the team; and for the record, you are 'crazy talented,' too, as your layout clearly reveals! Your star-filled night: stunning!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is fantastic! I really love everything about this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your layout is absolutely, positively drop-dead gorgeous! So unique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The scenes you create on your layouts are always so gorgeous and unique! Love the starry night sky and the way you used the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous page, love your carefree, exuberant style.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Another fabulous layout! You are amazingly talented! I love everything! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous night sky and it works so well with this collection. Lovely layout. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh wow! What a cool layout! Love the scene you created, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wowwww Elsie es un diseño impresionante el que has logrado , como todos los que tú haces felicidades por tu nuevo dt gracias por compartir !!

    ReplyDelete
  48. OH my, it is whimsical, magical and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow- this is a wonderful scene! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  50. HOW I GOT MY WIFE BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR. JAMES....CALL HIM NOW FOR YOUR LOVE SPELL +2348162515858

    My name is William Fraser. I am testifying of the great Dr. James that God used in saving my marriage, I have been scammed by 5 different spell casters in Africa in an attempt to get my ex wife back but non could help me until I met a testimony of a lady from Tucson Arizona called Mrs Lisa Sheeler who Dr James helped to get her husband back, I email him and i explained to him how i want my wife back and also how i have been scammed. He ask me not to worry and assured me that i will get back my wife, i took the boldness of not giving up and to my surprised he helped me cast a spell that brought back my ex wife within the period of four days after he have cast the spell, am so happy that I can't stop thanking him rather than i promise my self to share the good news,because i know that some many people are heart broken. if you need help to get your love one's who left you for another. Dr James is here to help out. I advise all those seeking for help to turn to Dr James because he is real and much blessed of casting love spell. If you need help getting your ex back contact him via email.

    Email:((greatdrjames01@gmail.com OR spellhome01@yahoo.com)) call or text him +2348162515858 you will surely get your result.

    ReplyDelete
  51. HOW I GOT MY WIFE BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR. JAMES....CALL HIM NOW FOR YOUR LOVE SPELL +2348162515858

    My name is William Fraser. I am testifying of the great Dr. James that God used in saving my marriage, I have been scammed by 5 different spell casters in Africa in an attempt to get my ex wife back but non could help me until I met a testimony of a lady from Tucson Arizona called Mrs Lisa Sheeler who Dr James helped to get her husband back, I email him and i explained to him how i want my wife back and also how i have been scammed. He ask me not to worry and assured me that i will get back my wife, i took the boldness of not giving up and to my surprised he helped me cast a spell that brought back my ex wife within the period of four days after he have cast the spell, am so happy that I can't stop thanking him rather than i promise my self to share the good news,because i know that some many people are heart broken. if you need help to get your love one's who left you for another. Dr James is here to help out. I advise all those seeking for help to turn to Dr James because he is real and much blessed of casting love spell. If you need help getting your ex back contact him via email.

    Email:((greatdrjames01@gmail.com OR spellhome01@yahoo.com)) call or text him +2348162515858 you will surely get your result.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Gorgeous layout. SOOOO dreamy. Love how you made the letters look like they're hanging from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Elsie, you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations. This is no exception. So beautiful. Your creations are so dreamy and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful layout! Great blog hop, awesome collection!
    Love all the new items! :)

    ReplyDelete